Sedona Proposal ideas and Sedona engagements
Congratulations on finding the love of your life AND for being smart enough to want to have photos of one of the most important moments in your life photographed to remember for years. Not only will your fiance be thrilled but family and friends dying to know all about your Sedona proposal will be so happy to relive the moments with you through the images.
Where do you start?
You’ve got the ring, and you know a romantic trip to Sedona would be the perfect opportunity to pop the question, but how is this all going to come together? We’ve photographed many proposals in Sedona and it’s one of our favorite moments to document.
A Sedona proposal DOES take planning and coordination, and we’ve helped many couples (usually last minute, lol) plan the best location and timing for photos of the moment.
Below we’ve outlined some great location ideas, as well as some info on how we usually arrange it so that there will be no suspicion about what you are up to!
To view the slideshow above click the arrow button on the right of the picture. The slideshow above was from an Sedona proposal where a boyfriend was planning a Sedona vacation with his girlfriend. They booked a few days at L’Auberge de Sedona and had a spa and massage package there. Our studio was contacted and we arranged for the proposal to be photographed with the ring in a pizza box. It’s followed by another proposal at L’Auberge and then some photos at Bell Rock.
Find the best location for your Sedona proposal
Half the work is deciding on a location and arranging the logistics, and that’s what we’re here to help you with!
There are a number of beautiful locations and backdrops to plan on asking the big question. Here are a few locations our couples have planned proposals at as well as a few other locations that we’ve used for engagement sessions which will also work really well as a proposal spot.
Easy access locations include…
- Bell Rock
- Red Rock Crossing
- Schnebly Hill
- West Fork
More remote locations that require Jeep and or hiking…
- Merry Go Round
- Cathedral Rock
- Devil’s Bridge
The best spot will be determined by what your plans are. For example, if you are coming up from Phoenix for the day and driving back down in the evening, some place with easy access will be a great option for you.
Or if you are planning a romantic weekend away and are looking at staying at a resort like L’Auberge they have wonderful elopement packages with spa and massage and great food and we can also arrange for a location for you to propose.
What the day will be like
We suggest sending a text to us with your pictures so we can recognize you. The best time for the proposal for lighting etc. will be discussed with you. We can even help you come up with a “story” for why you want to get dressed up … usually planning the shoot before dinner is a great idea. It’s very important that your soon to be fiancé is wearing her favorite clothing. There are usually several texts on the day of so we know all is going smoothly (planning a surprise takes a lot of energy and has a lot of moving parts! lol) Your photographer will meet you at the set time, usually an hour or two before sunset.
We suggest the photographer introduce themselves, first. We usually makeup something about working for the park or the resort and ask if you both would mind us taking a quick photo of you and that we’ll email you the picture. At that time we can arrange you in the best light and then give you the signal to ask the big question. From there all the love and surprise is captured and after lots of hugs and excitement is photographed you both enjoy some beautiful engagement photos on the red rocks. From there you can go to dinner and make all the Facebook updates and phone calls to parents and loved ones to celebrate!
Drop by our Sedona engagement session gallery to see what images from engagement sessions look like. You can also check out more images from great locations for your pictures in our location idea gallery.
Here are some ideas for activities to keep you busy (or not so busy) on your romantic trip to Sedona.
- hiking (there are so many great hikes in Sedona, ask us for a few recommendations on our favorites)
- wine tours – just minutes south of Sedona are many amazing wineries and tasting rooms
- jeep tours – the ever so popular Pink Jeep tours to some amazing red rock views not easily visible from the main roads in Sedona
- hot air balloon rides – see Sedona from the SKY … we even photographed a wedding in a hot air balloon before! It was beautiful!
- spa day or massage … there are many amazing spas to relax and rejuvenate at in Sedona
Your custom Sedona proposal package
Your custom proposal package – $1250
- coordinate with you to find the best location for your shoot
- schedule the best timing for pictures
- up two hours of time (one photographer) which includes photography of the proposal and engagement session
- post production on the images (we adjust color, saturation, shadow and highlight detail etc. on each individual image)
- post edited images online to a photo gallery for you to view and order prints from
- you can share the online gallery link with your friends and family interested in viewing the images as well
- Facebook or Instagram post upon request with the highlights from the shoot
- high resolution file of your favorite image to use for your save the dates
- the full edited set of high resolution images
A la carte options
- 10×10 guest signature book – $600
- professional prints – starting at $8
- fine art canvas wall prints – starting at $250
Adventure Session – starting at $1750
For those couples wanting to have a hike or jeep ride to an amazing location we offer a package that includes double the time in the base rate and our guidance to those locations. 3-4 hours of time total with travel.
Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help assist in any way! We would be more than happy to help with your Sedona proposal planning and of course documenting all the love of your special day!
Drop by our Instagram feed to see some of our latest work! We occasionally have behind the scenes footage from our shoots and editing room in our Instagram stories.